Monday 4 May 2009

Time for a confession...

I've been told that I need to come clean and explain what happened after the last walk, if only just to make people realise how hard this is (basically so you'll give more money!).
It seems that I didn't drink enough during the last training walk and having only had 5 litres during the 13.5 hours we were walking for, got badly dehydrated. I still finished the walk but started feeling sick on the drive back. I had to get Jonty to stop so i could be sick, and at that point I passed out.
Grant and Jont brought me round and forced me to drink something but I really didn't know what was going on. We got going again but 20 minutes later the same thing happened again. At least one of these times I landed face first on the road (my face doesn't need any help to look bad) and with my tongue between my teeth which cut my tongue quite badly.
The boys got me home and after a good night's kip I didn't feel too bad in the morning but this episode really highlighted to me the level of this undertaking.

5 comments:

  1. Brownie points for honesty, negative brownie points for not drinking enough, you come out quits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pete, Don't worry. At least, you can better prepare for the real day...
    Your Mum said she will equip you with pots of energy munchies! Lucky you! :-)

    Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well all i would like to say that it seems that the two oldies of the group are struggling to keep up with the pace ahahahaha just thought this might spur you on a little bit..xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why you young whippersnapper! Kids today, no respect for their elders and betters(?)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Us oldies also managed to do the walk without constantly whinging unlike some we could mention, Ollie...

    ReplyDelete