Monday 2 March 2009

Test geo-tagged photo


Test geo-tagged photo, originally uploaded by JontyHewlett.

OK, getting geeky now ;)
Thanks to a hint from Kenburg, I turned on Geo-tagging on my phone. What is it? Well Geo-tagging is where the phone gets the Longitude and Latitude from the phones in-built GPS and adds that Data to the picture.

I can then use email-submission to upload the picture to Flickr. From there I can then add a new blog entry including the picture.....Oh yeah and Flickr very nicely reads the GPS data in the photo and automatically put's it on the map a map for you...

So hopefully we can now blog from our phones as the walk progresses, and the pictures will automatically be put on a map showing the walk - ain't technology grand! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Where's the map though, that's what I'd like to know? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I do this with my little Nokia 6280 on 3's network, that's what I'd like to know? :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris: by re-routing more power from the engines?????? :D
    Kenburg: think you need a Flickr account...

    ReplyDelete